The Bodyguard and The Bombshell by Lexi Blake releasing August 6, 2024

5 stars


This is one of the reviews that needs a personal note. From the original stories, Avery and Liam always held top spot, and that never wavered. A huge part of that is what Avery went through, the loss of her child and husband. Seeing Madison referenced, huge sobs, because they have kept her memory alive, just as they promised they would. This of course ties us completely to Stephanie, the girl she was, and the woman she became. That epilogue, I went full Joan Wilder and was scrambling for tissues while my cats stared out me concernedly. I cannot thank Lexi enough for making these characters real, for having us so invested in them, that regardless of the passage of time, the emotional response they trigger within us, is as fresh and beautiful as it ever had been

You know those books you just can’t stop reading? This is one of those! The story had me hooked from the start because the characters had me wanting to know them. I wanted to find out why they were the way they were. I wanted to be with them as they figured everything out. I wanted to watch as they fell in love, formed bonds, and found their balance. I wanted to hold them, hug them, comfort them, and laugh with them, and so much more. I wanted all that, and I couldn’t put their story aside until I had it all <3


 

Comments