2022 Top reads and listens

 How do you say you were off work for ½ the year without saying it? By the sheer number of books I’ve read and listened to in the past year! With a possible 2 or 3 books still left before the year end, I’ve read or listened to 447 books, my most ever. That equates to 99,113 pages, according to Goodreads, with the shortest book being 15 pages and the longest 2,132 (an anthology). The average book length was 221 pages, and that seems about right to me

 

My 2022 reading year was made up of binges and actually making a dent in my TBR. Don’t get me wrong, my TBR is still out of control, but I did make headway into it. This was done by grabbing authours off the list and then going through all the books of theirs I had. Now, this lead to me grabbing more books, let’s face it, when you have a book in the series, or more than one, and it is good, you move on to the rest of those books. All I can say is thank goddess for Kobo plus and Scribd (ebook and audio) as I plummeted into series and didn’t break the bank 😊

 

Coming up with a top ten for the year was brutal because I enjoyed so many books, but, I did narrow it down. It is a good mix of new releases in the year and books from my TBR that I enjoyed <3

 


I finally got to GA Aiken’s Dragon Kin series and couldn’t have loved it more! What A Dragon Should Know was my favourite, and considering where the Scarred Earth sage went, it was timely for me to get these books under my belt. These were audiobooks and available on Scribd

 



Bounty by Kristen Ashley was one of my first listens of the year as I finished up the Colorado Mountain series. So many books were great in the series, but these two stuck with me, maybe it was the great soundtrack they presented, or how they fit together, either way, they left an impression. Audiobook listen from audible

 



While catching up on the Brooklyn series by Sarina Bowen, she released Shenanigans, and this book had so many feelings and fun! You never knew if the couple was going to have you in tears or make you laugh, and that was just perfect. This was an audio ARC listen, ebook available in Kobo plus



 

Where I Belong by J Daniels sat on my TBR in paperback AND ebook, and I was finally able to work it into my schedule. Loved this enemies to lovers, and the cast of characters it brought to us. Part of the binge of the Alabama series, this series stared was wonderful. Ebook read on Kobo (though the series is now in KU)

 



Curse of the Dragon by Eliza Gayle first caught my attention because of the amazing cover. Then when I got the story, it was better than I ever expected! The fantasy world created is amazing and the characters have such depth, loved it, loved it, loved it. This was an ARC ebook read, available in KU



 

When Elle Kennedy announced she was releasing Misfit, I knew I’d grab it, but I was in no rush. I should have rushed because this prep school was so much going on above and below the surface, it sucked me totally in! Audio listen on audible

 



Eve Langlais created a fantasy world for her Magic and Kings series and I immediately fell for it. The Barbarian King’s Assassin was a wonderful introduction to the series, and had a great plot and storyline. Cannot wait for more in this world! Audio listen on Scribd, ebook available in Kobo plus

 



Speaking of TBR reads, Kate’s Secret by Kallpyso Masters has been sitting on my bookshelf since 2017. When I noticed it was available in Kobo plus, I grabbed it, preferring to read in ebook over paperback. Then I proceeded to kick myself for waiting so long to get to it because it was amazing. It seamlessly blended the real and mystical world, while providing a solid second chance romance. Ebook read in Kobo plus



 

I am slowly working through NJ Walters’ backlist, and hit the Salvation Pack. Wolf in his Heart was an emotional read and my favourite of the series. There was so much that touching in the story, while not being angsty, and the family and pack bonds were so strong. Ebook read in Scribd

 



Speaking of emotional reads, Zoe York released Fearless at Heart, book 4 in the Kincade’s of Pine Harbour. This is a second chance, twenty years later, first love reunited, and so much more! While the flashbacks held deep feelings, the current and future were the real emotional kickers in this book. Ebook ARC read, available in Kobo plus.

Comments