Dream Spinner by Kristen Ashley releasing May 25, 2021

 5 stars


I was prepared to be an emotional wreck reading this book, I had a new box of tissues beside me and everything. But I didn’t need them for the most wonderful of reasons, because this book was so empowering! Hattie and Axl had such growth, filling the pages with their flaws, their doubts, their pain, and they didn’t overcome it. No, no they recognized it, they named it, and they worked with it, and it was pure beauty to watch. There were sweet moments, a lot of them, and there were sexy moments, a lot them too, and a couple of moments that had me barking with laughter (looking at you Mag at the dress fitting). The seriousness of the on-going big bad escalates even more, and the joy of the already established couples brings big swoons, and Brett “Cisco” becomes even a bigger player in the story, making us fall in love with him even more. Moments made me gasp, in shock and delight, moments made sigh, as these men are wont to make you do, and moments made me cringe, as happens as you figure things out, but at the end of Hattie and Axl’s story, a sense of peace settled on me, that all was great in their world, after a lifetime of not so great. And that was just so freakin’ wonderful <3



Comments