REPARATION OF SIN by Natasha Knight and A Zavarelli

 2 stars



I was having a hard time figuring out why I wasn’t connecting with this series, and there were moments in this book I thought I turned and was getting it, but alas, no. The premise, the storyline, the trope, all things I like, but the problem finally came to me. It wasn’t one thing, but, a few. One of them being the story was trying to be all twists and unexpected events and things coming to light, but it was just confusing for the sake of confusion, and it was boring. The main thing though was the male lead is actually physically abusive to the female lead on multiple occasions. He beats her, really beats her. She also suffers physical abuse, real abuse, at the hands of others. For me, that doesn’t make this a dark romance, it turns me away. I tried, once I thought he had maybe stopped being a complete a-hole, just reading the scenes with the two leads, but he was cruel for the sake of cruelty, and I didn’t care about him at all. He really is beyond redemption for me, and while I hope our female lead makes it out okay, it ends on a cliffhanger for her again, I won’t be finishing this series.


Comments