Irresistible by RL Mathewson available now everywhere!

 4 stars


I was surprisingly delighted with this book! It isn’t that I didn’t think I would like it, I figured I would, though it was a bit rough starting out. Secret babies are a favourite of mine, and this one was a really good one, but it seemed our couple was doomed about a third of the book before things turned around. Now it still had the same kitschy dialogue all the books in this series has, so much so, that when other couples show up, it is nearly indistinguishable to tell which couple is interacting. But that is an expectation going in, and while I hope it might change, it still hasn’t. No, what I loved about Aiden and Melanie is that we got to see them falling for each other. We knew they had a connection, duh, baby and all, but they hadn’t done all the things to fall in love. We got to see that, once they started paying attention to each other, and their five things was beautiful to watch evolve and deepen. They also grew as people, individually, and that made them a strong person overall. By the end, I couldn’t imagine that these two weren’t always together, and meant to be that way forever



Comments