Love in a Small Town by Zoe York

5 stars



I read the original version of this story 4 years ago, and Rafe and Olivia frustrated me for almost half the book. But once they hooked me, I was hooked and couldn’t wait for them to work things out. In this newly edited, slightly expanded version, it wasn’t the feelings to felt towards them, it was the feelings I felt with them. The story is the same, but everything is richer, deeper, clearer, and more crisp. I was in the story, not just reading it, and with that, because of that, I enjoyed the story immensely more!

Rafe and Olivia moved fast, quick to be together, quick to be married, quick to be divorced. Rafe and Olivia also have a failure to communicate, with each other, and within themselves. What Rafe and Olivia do not have a problem with is the love and affection they have for each other. They have trouble expressing it in the way they mean, but they are passionate people, so it is to be expected. Time, space, and reflection, along with a lot of deep soul searching, have them taking the steps to fulfill what is in their hearts. They get their HEA, not on the first try, but the second, and one they won’t take for granted, because they worked for it

 

p.s. Rafe and Olivia have a thing where they share a drink by handing it back and forth between them, and I think that is the sweetest thing ever!

 

Comments