Bound by Temptation by Cora Reilly available now and on audiobook

 4 stars



Lila and Romero are a doomed love affair. She has been crushing on him since she was barely a teen, and he always saw her as a little girl, until he didn’t. Still, he was a soldier and she was nearly mafia royalty. Having both of these characters give in to their passion, I loved that they loved each other more than the confines of the rules. I loved that they both were always willing to put everything on the line for each other. I loved that above all else, their love was deep enough and strong enough to endure all that was thrown at them, and they still came out the other side, together

The narrator for Liliana wasn’t what I expected. She did a good job, but her voice was too old, too deep, and didn’t have the girlish, impish, tonal quality I expected for Liliana. It took me out of the story a few times. Once everything imploded in the last few chapters, the voice matched, but for the majority of the story, it impacted my enjoyment. The narrator for Romero, he was PERFECT!


Comments