Uneven Justice by Bianca Sommerland and Tibby Armstrong available now and in Kobo+

5 stars


First and foremost, I want to wrap Danny up in a giant fluffy hoodie and put a protective forcefield around him that keeps all the meanness away from him, whether verbal, mental, or physical. That man deserves to be happy and safe! Secondly, a boatload of love to Shea and Jacks for recognizing Danny, the real, true, and honest Danny, on sight and giving him all you had to try and keep that forcefield around him as best you could. Kudos to all three of you for finding what you didn’t even know you wanted in each other, embracing it, and making it work for you, and the personalities you have.

 

While this book digs deeper into what is going on with all our core members at the Asylum, and there is whole lot brewing beneath the surface with Curtis and Reed apparently, it does focus on our trio of main characters. Jamie is important, how could he not be with his former bandmate around, and with Jamie comes Wren, Jared, and Noah, but it is how they all act, react, reassess, and recalibrate with the trio that drives the story. I gained respect for the core members as they grew and changed, and admitted any mistakes they made (Jared is one of my favourites now because of his actions in this story). I laughed out loud more than a few times, I shed some tears, I completely lost myself in the story and the characters. Danny, Jacks, and Shea had me cheering for them, they were the underdogs, and they figured out how to stay themselves and fit in with the show dogs, the junkyard dogs, and the top dogs, and I loved them so much for it all!

Comments