Midnight Revenge by Elle Kennedy available now everywhere!

5 stars
audiobook

This book was incredible and I am kicking myself for not diving into earlier!!! Derek and Sofia are mature, reasonable, damaged, and emotional. That last one, it doesn’t seem to fit, but as their story unfolds, you slowly see how their emotions have been driving them for years. Acquaintances who express their passion one night, their story becomes a whole lot more. I cried, really cried, for the pain and anguish Derek and Sullivan endured. I ached, total heart ache, for Sofia and Liam. Yes, Derek and Sofia are our main couple, but there are undercurrents with Sullivan and Liam that drive this story, and end without resolution.

 

As Sofia discovers Derek, who he is, how he feels, why he feels, it was a revelation to me as a reader as well. Derek hasn’t, really, really, hasn’t had a good life, and he kept making decisions to solidify that. It isn’t easy to turn that around, and he really doesn’t want to, so why do it. The moment, that pinpoint in time, almost too late, that clarifies things for him was a true sunshine breaking through the clouds made me weep and laugh in happiness for him. When Sofia realizes his change of heart, when he tells her in the way only Derek can, well they had me goofy smiling that they were finally, finally, getting their HEA

 

This story is packed with intrigue, twists and turns, action and violence. It defines a romantic suspense, as our couple get to really know each other in the midst of all these goings on. I haven’t read any of the other books in this series, I will be rectifying that soon, and had no trouble following along. I am off to get the next book in the series now, because, well, there is a couple on tap, and another that needs some resolution.


Comments