Hooking Him by Aurora Rose Reynolds releasing June 16, 2020

4 stars




I was apprehensive starting this book I admit. The last two offerings from the authour left me bland, whereas I am usually in love. But my worry was for naught because this was a wonderful love story with just a wee but of extraneous drama
Hooking Him as a title had me a little confused, was it in reference to rugby? Crochet? Rock climbing? Hang in there, it all becomes clear at the end of the book! Anna moves to a small town to escape the life she was led to believe she needed to live. Taken in by her geriatric neighbour and her trouble causing friends, it is not long before she meets our hero, Calvin, a detective in their town. Attraction is instant and chemistry sizzles. As expected, our alpha male lays his claim and it takes a bit for our heroine to catch up. I would have been happy with just the development of the relationship but there was a crime to solve that was loosely a mystery, I mean, I figured it out pretty quickly, and I didn’t find it added anything to the storyline, but it didn’t take away either, it was just there. Loved the sizzle, loved the support, loved the alpha-ness, and loved the happily-ever-after!

Comments