Need You Now anthology releasing April 7, 2020

4 stars

Two of the stories were off the charts 5 stars reads for me, and for Sinner and Hostage alone, this anthology is worth the read! Half-Truths was a wild 4 star read, and The Dirty Duet didn’t really speak to me at all. All were great stories, all offered a little something different, and there is definitely something here that will appeal to you
The Dirty Duet by Laurelin Paige
2 stars

This just wasn’t for me, even though the sex was smoking hot, it was trying to be too much, and I didn’t like the characters. Is it trying to be a love-triangle? High drama, constant angst? Suspenseful? Powerful alph-ahole, who crosses into a**hole and never really came back over. Naive heroine, victim, powerful woman, or none of the above? Nothing clicked for me with the story, it was too much, and all surface

Half-Truths by Claire Contreras
4 stars

A secret society set at college with undertones of grief and intrigue? Yes, I’m in, and I loved it! There was so much, but it built, bit by bit, stone by stone, and then it was all knocked down and the secrets overturned like the earth during an earthquake. Young love becomes true love in the midst of it all, as competing loyalties fall away for true feelings. Intense, fast-paced, and ever-changing, I was caught up in the story from the start until the end!

Sinner by Sierra Simone
5 stars

I am absolutely wrecked from this story. I switched from lust-inducing scenes, to full out ugly crying in emotional pain. It had it all, and amidst all the whirling vortex of emotions, the peace that settled over Sean, that he shared with Zenny in the end, invaded my soul as well. Neither character strayed from who they were at their heart, but they became their true self when they were together. Sinner and Saint, made for each other, and finding their happiness and joy, together

Hostage by Skye Warren and Annika Martin
5 stars

This was gritty, and ugly at times, yet Stone and Brooke continued to amaze me with their earnestness and how true to themselves they stayed. They were strong, even when overpowered and things went against them, even the other person. Stone will never be the good guy, and Brooke will always be the good girl, but in each other, they get to be true to who they really are. They need that other half to be whole, and it takes them this story to figure that out - I was just along for the ride!


Comments