Wicked Sinner by Stacey Kennedy releasing October 15, 2019

5 stars



Every time I start a second chance romance, I’m hesitant. I often get book rage if the reason they split, and the time they spend apart, was for not good reasons. Asher and Remy didn’t give me book rage, they gave me anxiety, because I so needed them to work this out and get back together!

Very young when they got together, unable to handle the stress of their break-up, they both got hurt, badly, when they split. It takes a good part of the book for it come up with the why’s and how’s, and the acceptance of the situation. But the focus isn’t on the people they were then, that is part of their history. They work on who they are now, and the awareness and electricity they still have. The feelings are harder for them, the hurt that needs to heal, even all these years later. Bit by bit, a little at a time, Remy heals and understands. Asher sees things differently, and not through lenses of pain and confusion. They embrace what has always been there, never went away, between them, and grab their future to make it their own

Plus, there is a mystery to solve, and bad guys to put down. And we are left with an unknown factor, that I hope my gut feeling is right about. Of course, we get a sneak momentary preview of our sassy heroine’s circumstances for the next book in the series as well!

Comments