Manipulate by Pam Godwin releasing June 25, 2019


5 stars


These three, this story, oh my heart! It broke, it cracked, it bled, and it didn’t want to let them go. Tula, Ricky, and Martin, poor, sweet Martin, they were innocents who knew evil. Ricky, the evil set him free, and he settled into his existence. Tula, the evil was always like a cloud hanging over her, and then it became real, and she resisted it. Martin knew evil too young, and it still darkened his heart, his soul, his being.

And I knew, I knew they were too good and their story would hurt too much. As soon as I started the book, I sensed Tula’s inner heart and soul, and I cringed, because I knew it would be bad, and I would hurt for her. But I always got her strength, her ability to carry on, and her desire to survive. I wasn’t wrong, and she showed it at every turn, every twist, every pain inflicted upon her

Ricky was who he was, and he was perfect. He had been set free and found himself from the wrongs done to him. He absorbed it, and became the man he was, but he still didn’t get what he wanted, a true relationship with his best friend Martin. Martin, who was still broken inside from events before, and after solidified that break. It takes Tula to show him his shadows, and it takes both her and Ricky to bring it out in the open. To have him start to heal, to start to feel, and to start to find who he is now

And there is a bunch of my favourite deviant Van in this story. That crazy, twisted, man gets to show his crazy, twisted, and loving ways, and why he is the king!

Comments