I Want You Back by Lorelei James from the I want you series



I Want You Back by Lorelei James
5 stars
Jaxson Lund had it all, including a self-destructive streak. He now has to figure out who he is, and what he does, but he knows one thing, Lucy was, and is, the thing he wants above all else. A decade hasn’t minimized his feelings for her, but his mechanics of being in a relationship were never top notch. He is rusty, or still oblivious. Lucy has forgiven and moved past the Jaxson he was, and getting to know and understand the Jaxson he is takes some time. And patience. And not reverting to who they were before, and becoming who they are now.

This is a sweet story, and a frustrating story, and a real story, on what entails when things fall apart. Second chances are never easy, and never guaranteed, and you can’t take away what happened in the past. You can’t undo what you did when you were apart. You can make the choice to be in the now, and build a future. Jaxson and Lucy have always had a bond, that goes beyond the child they share. As they work their way towards their future, mistakes they made help guide them in their present

Told in alternating points of view, with some flashbacks for context, the story sucked me in, and I couldn’t stop until I had it all. I loved Jaxson and Lucy, separately and together. They made me feel with them, and they had me rooting for them!

p.s. that epilogue made me cry though, even though I figured out early on it would be coming, but I’m Canadian, so it was to be expected

Comments