Take by Pam Godwin releasing April 2

Take by Pam Godwin


Tiago and Kate were tragic, haunting, pained, and complacent. But they were also honest, determined, persistent, and well matched. There story had me going ahh, and ohh, and uh-oh, and uh-huh, and a whole bunch of ick, but in a good way. And just when I thought I had it all figured out, another shocking fact is thrown my way, and another, and I realized I had no idea what was going on, but I sure was enjoying the ride!

Tiago is the best anti-hero I’ve read in a long time, a close second to Van, who is also in this series. As the story unfolds, you get to know him, his reasons, his motives, and they are all as dark and twisted as you could imagine. He doesn’t apologize for it, or who he is. What he does is uncover a new him, a different him, when he is around Kate. For her, and unbeknownst to her, he stays the same man, but with different motivations

Kate has been a victim her whole life, and that was only solidified when Van took her captive. But she is done cowering, but with Tiago, she finds her backbone, only to wither at times. She doesn’t give up though, she continues to find and hold onto her inner strength. But then she sees, that being strong, doesn’t mean being oblivious. Giving in, doesn’t mean giving up, and being happy doesn’t mean there isn’t pain. She is determined to live on her terms, and stops at nothing to do so

This was a dark, forbidden, and twisted journey, with Tiago and Kate as the sole source of light, for each other. It took my breath away in so many ways, and I was right there with our characters in the story

Comments