Coming December 4, 2018 - new mafia romance from Cora Reilly

Bound by Love by Cora Reilly

Oh where to start with this book? I thought I was getting a check, an alternate point of view, to a story I already knew. That was what it started out as, but it became so much more, so big, and seperate, and unique, and heart-wrenching all on it's own! This is a mafia story, these men and women hold no illusions about their world, and who they are in it. It is dark, gritty, and violent, but they are people who love each other, and that needs to find a place in their world as well

If you have read the previous books, any or all of them, you get to see what was going on with Luca and Aria while Matteo, Gianna, Romero, and Lily, have their stories unfold. A little of Cora and Growl and a smidge of Dante and Val, but their stories didn't play out in New York, so understandable. We also get a wee bit of Fabi to what your appetite.

If you haven't read any of the other books, you are still in for a wildly emotional ride, because this is complete and stands all by itself. It has enough context that new readers won't be lost, and experienced readers won't be bored.

This started out, and I was okay, yeah I know that, interesting, and I was liking it and enjoying the differing viewpoints. And then, a little past about a third of the way in, it hit me, the things we didn't already know. The stage was familiar, but this story, these experiences were new. I was completely drawn in, enthralled, and couldn't stop reading. Then it hit, the tears started flowing while my heart twisted, my emotions ricocheted, and the pain of the situation settled over me. Then I really couldn't stop, I needed to know how they overcame this, what the future held, and, goddess please, stop the hurting. Of course, after putting me through the wringer, and then some, they do.

Then we see the strength that is Luca and Aria, that them together, are so much stronger then the individual. Their love and devotion know no bounds, and we get to witness the forging of the steel that binds them. Aria will always follow Luca into the dark, and be his light to find his way - perfection!

Comments