Is this what I want to do? A romance readers journey

I love to read, I always have, but life changes caused me to have to step away from it for a while. I didn't even realize that I had, as I slipped into not so great places. When I finally pulled myself out several years ago, ebooks were making it big. What a wonderful way to indulge without leaving your home, every introverts dream! Then the rise of erotic romances, so say what you will, pro or con, but 50 shades popularity brought this genre out of the back rooms and into the norm. I was in heaven, and read, and read, and read

I then found reviews, I know, late to every party, actively starting looking at them, following them, and finding books through them. I needed Goodreads to keep track of everything, and find new books. I was not an amazon reader, so Goodreads was my go-to, lifeline, and advisor. It lead me to bloggers, and oh, the wonderful bloggers you could find. They would give you no-nonsense reviews, thoughts, suggestions, and they had discussions and comments. The sales, the sales alone had me following left, right, and centre

I upgraded, from my ereader, to a tablet, and that allowed me to explore other etailers while using apps. It was a whole new world, that came crashing down when there was an erotic crackdown. But, it all evened out in time, and I started to write reviews for the books I loved. This went on for several years, and then I learned about reviews on sellers sites. Wanting to support my favourite authours, I started posting on sellers sites as well from where I bought the book

I finally started to hear about advance reviewers, getting copies before they were released, to post a review on release day, to improve visability. I tentatively started requesting, and I overtime, I was building traction, and getting approve to review more and more. Some of my favourites picked me, and I squealed in delight each time. Others were contacting me directly to ask if I would review for them, and I was honoured

Going to my first reader/authour event changed my world, my life, my outlook. I didn't hide before, but now I wanted to shout about these wonderful authours I had met. And that brings me to now, do I want to blog? Or do I want to continue as it? Do I need more platforms for my reviews above what I have? Will it take more time to do it right, or do I want to be casual about it?

As I ponder these thoughts, I will keep doing what I am doing, and maybe take some baby steps in some directions to see what I think. One thing is sure, I am changing how I do what I do, but my focus is, and will always be, reading books for my pleasure, my escape, and my joy

Comments